As a mom of three, it is extremely hard to find time to go to a gym.
And where I live, the gym does not have childcare. So that is even more of a hassle. I have to work out at home when I get the opportunity.
If you can identify with this, you have to get in those workouts the best way possible.
But there are also other things you can do to burn those calories. There are activities you can do with your kids to lose weight and not even realize you are working out. I think those are the best types of workouts- the inconspicuous ones!
It’s important to be healthy.
It is so important for us to take care of ourselves, pay attention to the things we eat, and participate in daily activity. My top three things to focus on each day are:
- Drinking lots of water. My goal lately has been to drink a gallon a day. I am also a breastfeeding mama, so I need lots of water!
- Meditation. Although this not an activity that burns fat or calories, it promotes a healthy mindset. I get up earlier than the kids in order to clear my head and my heart and focus on the day ahead.
- Eating vegetables and protein. I used to not pay attention to what I was eating. I now have a healthy shake in the morning for breakfast and later for lunch. In between I make sure to get in lots of veggies and protein to keep me energized.
Doing things with our kids can be fun for you but also a benefit for us as well.
We have some of the greatest workout trainers right in our homes and we don’t even know it!
Our kids are the ones who motivate and push us in life. We want to be our absolute best for them. It’s essential that we do all we can to be healthy for them as well.
Being active with them will not only allow us to get active and lose weight but strengthen bonds and relationships.
So what are some things you can do with your children to burn some calories? Here are 10 fun activities along with an average of how many calories you can burn each hour, depending on your weight.
1. Hiking- Burns 400-500 calories/hour
2. Swimming- Burns 500-750 calories/hour
3. Skating- Burns 900-1400 calories/hour
4. Hide and Seek- Burns 160 calories/hour
5. Hula Hoop- Burns 420 calories/hour
6. Foot Race- Burns 310 calories/hour
7. Bowling- Burns 100-200 calories/hour
8. Flying a Kite- Burns 400-600 calories/hour
9. Jump Rope- 1000-1500 calories/hour
10. Ride Bikes- Burns 360-600 calories/hour
Getting active each day is very important to living a healthy lifestyle. These are only a few activities you can enjoy with your kids this summer. You should still get in some cardio at least 3-4 times a week.
What are some activities you plan to do this summer to stay active?